How can I fix my program so that I can walk/fly into new parcels. I used to be able to, now I can't

Glynn Ivory

Question

Parcels don't have edges. Their boundaries are like the property lines on land that you might own in RL, so the only way that you can see where parcels end is to turn on World >> Show >> Property Lines (CTRL + Alt + Shift + P). Sims are a different matter, howver.  Their edges are the places where a server's control ends.  If there's another sim next door, you can often see where the boundary is because there will be a change in ground texture or the way the land is terraformed.  If there's no sim next door, you'll see a sharp edge with water beyond it.  You won't be able to walk or fly across that boundary because there is quite literally nothing on the other side.  No sim, no server to contain your av.  The only way across is to TP.

4 answers to this question

Parcels don't have edges. Their boundaries are like the property lines on land that you might own in RL, so the only way that you can see where parcels end is to turn on World >> Show >> Property Lines (CTRL + Alt + Shift + P). Sims are a different matter, howver.  Their edges are the places where a server's control ends.  If there's another sim next door, you can often see where the boundary is because there will be a change in ground texture or the way the land is terraformed.  If there's no sim next door, you'll see a sharp edge with water beyond it.  You won't be able to walk or fly across that boundary because there is quite literally nothing on the other side.  No sim, no server to contain your av.  The only way across is to TP.

Are you only 16 or 17 years old? If so, you can only go to and see sims that are G-rated.

Most of the SL Grid is made of sims that are Mature or Adult Rated. G-rated sims are sprinkled through the Mature areas like rasins in rasin bread. If you're standing in a G-sim, and are on an account that is age-restricted because LL believes you're only 16 or 17, the land will seem to stop at a sharp edge when you come to the border between a G-rated sim and a neighboring M-rated sim. It is a barrier you are not permitted to cross - like trying to walk into an atult book store, and not being able to show ID that says you're of legal age to do so. Someone standing next to you with an account that is for a person over 18 will see continuing land, and be able to cross that edge at will.