Will I be charged the premium acct fee AND the land fee?

Babycak3s

Question

Hello Babycak and welcome to SL Forums. As a Premium Member you will get a parcel on Mainland 512sq m2 with a Linden Home where you have the right to use 117 prims without any additional cost. If you don't want the parcel with the Linden Home, you can abandon the land and after you can get another parcel on Mainland (without a house), 512sq m2 with 117 prims where you can rezz your house. For this parcel you don't pay something more. You will have extra fee if you get a bigger parcel with more prims. More about, you can see here: http://secondlife.com/land/pricing.php (the link is no working for me at the moment but i think it is a temporal problem). Summarizing you have the right (as Premium) to own a 512sq m2 on Mainland. For more parcels or bigger parcel you will be charged.

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

Hello Babycak and welcome to SL Forums. As a Premium Member you will get a parcel on Mainland 512sq m2 with a Linden Home where you have the right to use 117 prims without any additional cost. If you don't want the parcel with the Linden Home, you can abandon the land and after you can get another parcel on Mainland (without a house), 512sq m2 with 117 prims where you can rezz your house. For this parcel you don't pay something more. You will have extra fee if you get a bigger parcel with more prims. More about, you can see here: http://secondlife.com/land/pricing.php (the link is no working for me at the moment but i think it is a temporal problem). Summarizing you have the right (as Premium) to own a 512sq m2 on Mainland. For more parcels or bigger parcel you will be charged.

• Like 1

A premium member can own up to 512 square meters of land without paying any tier fee. The next 512 of land will cost 5$ a month. So, if you are Premium, and you only own 512 of land, you will not pay any additional fee outside of the membership fee.

Keep in mind that as a premium member, you have the option to choose a linden home, which sits on 512 sq m of land. If you choose a home, you have used your free 512. Therefore, if you were to choose a linden home and also purchase 512 of land, you would actually then have 1024 of land and be paying the extra 5 dollars a month.

• Like 1

No, you won't.

You have two options for owning free Mainland with a Premium account.

1.  You can get a free Linden Home.  There is no purchase price or recurring tier fee.

2.  You can purchase up to 512 square meters on the Mainland from another resident, and will pay no monthly tier fee.  If you buy a larger parcel, you will pay monthly tier on land in excess of that first free 512.

If you decide NOT to own Mainland, but (for example) lease land on a private estate, you can rent out your 512 square meters of tier to a resident who will pay you to donate it to his or her land group.

Or, you can forgo Premium membership entirely.  You don't need to be Premium to get land on a private estate, or to rent it from another resident on the Mainland.  Compare all your options before deciding.

well basically it is simple, if you pay the 72$ a year membership fee (and I guess maybe you can do it monthly as well)

you have a Free tier paid for allready for 512 meters square of land, which can either be the FREE linden home, which uses up some of the 117 prim allownce but does not use a lot of prims really, because the prims in the linden home are not counted for on a one to one basis, but are discounted... it's like getting a few extra prims and a really nice house in the deal, well that is subject to your interpretation, or you can get a 512 sq meter plot of land on the mainland, which you usually buy from other players, and in either case you would pay no more at all for your land holdings, if you get another 512 plot of land then you would pay an extra 5 dolars a month...and get another 117 prims aparently each additional 512m^2 gives you 117 prims, when you get more land all together, in the same region, you can get bonus prim allownaces for the larger plots, sarting at 4096 you get one extra prim it seems but No worries, you dont have to pay for tier if all you have is the 512 m sq plot, or a linden house, that comes free along with membership...