Text on a Prim

Usive

Not really something that can be done per say.  You can put a video, a texture or a HTML page on a prim but you cannot cut and past text.

In the area of changeable text, each letter would require it's one prim and multiple textures (one for each letter) would need to be place inside.  From this, there would be no simple cut and past though it could be done in chat commands however, each character would need to be scripted.

You could automate a webpage that can talk in world and post the results back onto a prim but that would require some significant development and not just a script.

And, you can do a floating text that does accommodate ease of use though it does not appear on a prim specifically and has limited entries.

Since there is no specific way to do this and there is no simple script you could load, perhaps you could tell us what you want to accomplish and from there we can make some suggestions.

Here is how I do that:

BOP Summary. Browser-on-Prim. Web-on-Prim

http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/2011/07/kit-bop-summary-browser-on-prim-web-on.html

I also have free scripts that reset the prim to the specified page every 15 minutes

Since it is a web page, I change the contents by changing the web page.  If you don't currenty have a web page, you can set one up on Facebook.

TKR

Actually, no script is needed for browser-on-prim.  All of the text displayed is on the web-page.  You can set the web page directly when you set up the prim.  I do not recommend that arrangement because you want to let people use the web features to scoll down the page, and perhaps to look at other pages.  When they do that, however, they will leave the prim displaying a page other than the one you want.  

I use a simple scrikpt that resets the prim to the intended page every 15  mins.  If you send me an IM inworld, I will send you a working prim with a copy of the script.  The script is intetrnally  documented.

TKR

I think I need to be more specific about what I have in mind, Basically, I am looking to make the equivilent of a Hippo Book, except one that allows you to write in a book, in game. Even if this means writing on a notecard and having the book read and transmit the text from the notecard, I am well aware of how to yse mulltinedia scripts as they are the basis of a good number of my prooducts, and have decided that they are not the right tool for this job, I need a solution from someone who can think outside the box a little Chances are this will also require some sort of scripting to accomplish.