How can I walk or fly into new parcels?

Glynn Ivory

Question

Ok wild guess here.  Was your avatar originally on the Teen Grid?   If so, I suspect you are going to need some LL technical assistance with this problem.  As an experiment, create an new character (alt) and see if you have the same problems with it.  In the mean time, I would recommend opening a ticket on this one.  Very strange behaviour.

--Cinn

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Ok wild guess here.  Was your avatar originally on the Teen Grid?   If so, I suspect you are going to need some LL technical assistance with this problem.  As an experiment, create an new character (alt) and see if you have the same problems with it.  In the mean time, I would recommend opening a ticket on this one.  Very strange behaviour.

--Cinn

• Like 1

As I explained in response to your previous question, you are not talking about a parcel. You are talking about a sim. A parcel is a plot of land that has property lines around int, visible only if you highlight them with CTRL+Shift+Alt + P. It may be as small as 4m x 4m  A sim is 256m x 256m area, supported by a single server. There's a lot of difference.

It sounds to me as if you have a firewall problem. If your firewall is blocking outbound TCP port 12043, then teleporting, viewing the World Map, crossing regions, and related activities won't work. You can reconfigure your firewall to fix the problem.  See http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Configure_your_software_firewall  .  You might also take a look at your antivirus program, which might have a similar effect.  See  http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=as_anti-virus_white_listing_steps

• Like 2

I have seen this problem before, so you are not alone.  Unfortunately, I don't know what the resolution was.

It is some sort of connection or setup problem, possibly in the software installation itself, or possibly in your firewall settings.

You may need to open a ticket to get a resolution.