SL viewer has a blank log-in page after upgrade.

cdiesel9

Question

3 answers to this question

Hello cdisel9 and welcome to SL Forums. Give a try to do a clean re-install:

1)Uninstall the viewer using the windowns control panel

2)Delete all contests into the following folders

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife and

C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ ApplData \ Local \ Secondlife

3)Download a fresh copy from http://secondlife.com/support/downloads/ and install it.

Remarks:

• About Windows paths: C:\ = Your hard disk, you find it if you open "My computer". Where you see backslash, follows a folder into the previous one
  • Usually the folder Appdata is a hidden folder. (Windows Tools \ Folder Options \ View & enable Show Hidden Files/Folders)
  • If you want to keep your private conversations which are saved in your computer, copy the folder with your nickname to another position in your hard disk. The folder is: C: \ Users \ (USER NAME) \ AppData \ Roaming \ SecondLife \ cdiesel_resident That's the only folder you can except.

4)If the problem remains, repeat the same process and download again the previous version of V3 (3.2.1). You can find it here.  In this case, don't forget to set your software updates no to be installed automatically (Menu Me --> Preferences --> Set up --> Software updates --> Download and install updates manually).

LoveAngel, I tried everything you said like 4 times. I uninstalled and reinstalled and i myself am still getting that blank log in page. Looks black on one sides and gray on the other with a line going down the center. When i reinstall and it asks me if i want to go on sl when it starts to load the page it gives me a crash report thing but it doesn't give me much info, it goes right to the blank log in page with the line down the center.