3ds Max Unit Setup?

JustaTest

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, I've went to Customize - Units Setup, changed the Display Unit Scale to Meters and then under System Unit Setup I've changed it to 1 Unit = 1.0 Meters.

However, when I drop a Standard Primitive in the scene and set it to 2.0 meters, it's significantly smaller than that of the Prim Composer object that is also 2.0 meters if I drop one down to compare the size. I can scale it higher but I want to be accurate and this is weird. Would appreciate some help, thanks.

Kwakkelde Kwak wrote:

One thing I can think of is the global scale of one of the objects being off. If you want to know how big the objects both are exactly, go to the Utilities tab (I think it's called that, it's the wrench on the far right) and select "Measure" with one of the objects selected.

Thanks. I've tried as you instructed and I see the problem but not sure how to fix it.

Although under the modify tab of the Prim Composer box it allows you to change the size (in my case X: 0.5, Y: 0.5, Z: 2.0), when I did went to Measure, under Dimensions, 3ds Max recognizes it as being nearly 20m for both the X and Y axis and 78.74meters for the Z.

I've never noticed this before, is there a way to change this?

If you look at the scale modifier (right click on the xyz scale icon), do you see 100% for all dimensions? Even if that IS the case, you can change the scale in here to compensate. Ofcourse that will require some calculation.

Possibly you haven't set the units correctly...the difference between your sizes is the difference between metric and imperial... (it is called imperial right?)...inches to meters anyway...