What are the benefits of paying for membership?

Rosalie Pinazzo

Question

You get a house, a small stipend each month and better support.  You also have the ability to buy linden land though you can still buy private sim land without a membership.

Downside it that there have been many a nightmare getting Premium accounts cancelled.  They tend to reinstate them and many find themselves battling Linden Labs over this. I was one of them and many others I know.  I'm hoping this has been fixed but I don't know.

3 answers to this question

You get a house, a small stipend each month and better support.  You also have the ability to buy linden land though you can still buy private sim land without a membership.

Downside it that there have been many a nightmare getting Premium accounts cancelled.  They tend to reinstate them and many find themselves battling Linden Labs over this. I was one of them and many others I know.  I'm hoping this has been fixed but I don't know.

With a premium membership you can:

For more information, see Premium membership.

As mentioned you get EITHER a Linden Home of your choice and 117 prim allowance or you can choose to buy your own 512 lot and get free tier. With a 512 mainland lot you get 117 prims in TOTAL so the Linden home gets bonus prims but you have less options with what you can do with the land. You  have the option of buying your own island if that is something you might want to do or of course a larger lot on the mainland (you will pay a tier fee for anything over your 512 free alottment).

You get the ability to Live Chat with tech support which can be very helpful at time. You also (as of a few months ago) get "premium member gifts" which are very nice. AND if you are a builder, you get to use the Premium sandboxes which are a huge improvement over the regular ones which get greifed on a endless basis.

If you pay for a yearly membership it is ALMOST free. You  get back your stipend (now $300 a week each Tuesday) and so it costs a bit over a US dollar a month depending on exchange rates. All in all a very good deal. It used to be that you got a bit of status too. The "No Payment Info" folks were definitely looked down on in many circles, but now that doesn't seem to be the case.

All that being said there are still plenty of folks that don't take the Premium member track. You can do just about anything in SL as a non-Premium avatar.