How can I make a Nail Hud?

AleiaCanucci

I've searched the forums and can't find anything that answers my question, so I've seen various nails in the marketplace that have HUD's, I kinda know how to make a hud but I have no idea what to do after that lol. What I'm asking is if there are scripts I can purchase or can someone link me a tutorial on how to make this.

I'm mostly confused about how to make the HUD change the nail textures for the sculpted nails..Do I have to place scripts in all 10 sculpted nails AND the root prim and child prim? So sorry if I'm confusing anyone >_<, This is a perfect example of the HUD I'm talking about, a friend of mine purchased these nails and I think they're gorgeous;

*Sexy Mamas* Manicure - Sculpted Prim Nails

I'd really like to start making nails so any help is appreciated, thanks!

AleiaCanucci wrote:

I've searched the forums and can't find anything that answers my question, so I've seen various nails in the marketplace that have HUD's, I kinda know how to make a hud but I have no idea what to do after that lol. What I'm asking is if there are scripts I can purchase or can someone link me a tutorial on how to make this.

I'm mostly confused about how to make the HUD change the nail textures for the sculpted nails..Do I have to place scripts in all 10 sculpted nails AND the root prim and child prim? So sorry if I'm confusing anyone >_<, This is a perfect example of the HUD I'm talking about, a friend of mine purchased these nails and I think they're gorgeous;

I'd really like to start making nails so any help is appreciated, thanks!

If you're interested in making a HUD, it shouldn't be too hard, in theory.  There are three fundamental tasks involved.

1. You need a way to change textures.  The llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast function has a PRIM_TEXTURE parameter that you'd use change the textures on one or more prims in the same linkset.  If you're really doing individual sculped nails, my guess is that you'd need two linksets -- five prims on the left hand and five on the right -- but you'd need only one script in each one.

2. You need a way for the HUD to communicate with the scripts in the nail linksets.  There are several possibilities.  Perhaps the easiest is to use llRegionSayTo, which lets you send a targeted message directly to a specific object.

3. You need a menu system to let the user select among nail textures.  For that, you'll need to use llDialog and do some handling of lists.  You may want to take a look at https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/DialogMenus to get a feel for what's involved.

If you have done any scripting, this is not a difficult project. If you are still new at it, take it slowly. Make each of the parts separately and test them alone until you get them right.  Of course if you are not interested in doing this yourself, you should take Darkie's advice and post your request in the Wanted or Inworld Employment section of the Commerce forum.

lol I made that hud..that is my partner :) I am the scripter for all mommy inc and sexy mamas products.  flattering you like the designed but that one is based on llTouchST if that helps.

no diolog is needed,the object is to click the images for the nail texture you want,drop down menus are a added task you do not need.

I learned all my tricks from reading SL wiki..you my friend will need to start with learning a style ,I like 1 prim huds and use llTouchFaceST or llTouchFaceUV works fine as well.you split the prim face in to vectors using a x and y integer amount,then in each position onthe prim face will send data to the single script in each root prim,using llSetLinkPrimitiveParams you can have the nails texture ,what to get froggy...make a name system and you can color each nail over the whole set.

• 3 weeks later...