I'm missing things from inventory.

Ophelia Arentire

Question

It sounds like you are trying the right things.  If the items were actually in your inventory for the past two days, then you're not dealing with a Marketplace delivery issue any more.  The only reason for trying to contact the sellers at this point is to get insights from them about what happens when their breedables go astray.  They have a record of your original purchases, and they may also have a standard policy of replacing lost ones.  Don't be too discouraged about a lack of response, but do keep trying.  Many merchants not are likely to be in world every day, and are quite likely to have capped IMs and notecards, so it may take a while for you to get through. 

If you rezzed the lost items, be sure to check your sim's garbage collection area --- <0.0,0.0,0.0>, the extreme SW corner --- to see if they are there.  That's where the servers send things when they get confused.  I check mine about once a month and almost always find something that someone has lost.

It's most likely that you haven't lost the items at all, but that your locally cached copy of inventory has been borked.  I know you said that you cleared cache, but it's probably a good idea to do it again.  This time, do it "manually" from outside SL.  Here are some good instructions >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/cache_clear .  They are written for Firestorm users, but the process is the same for any viewer.  It's important that you log back in at a quiet, low-lag sim like Pooley or Aqua and let your cached inventory rebuild slowly.  Depending on the size of your inventory, it could take quite a long time, so be patient and don't do anyhing else while it's working.  Go out for coffee.  When it is no longer "fetching ...," you should have a clean copy of inventory and (fingers crossed) your lost items.

The last resort is to contact Live Chat and tell them everything you have already done.  Good luck.

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

It sounds like you are trying the right things.  If the items were actually in your inventory for the past two days, then you're not dealing with a Marketplace delivery issue any more.  The only reason for trying to contact the sellers at this point is to get insights from them about what happens when their breedables go astray.  They have a record of your original purchases, and they may also have a standard policy of replacing lost ones.  Don't be too discouraged about a lack of response, but do keep trying.  Many merchants not are likely to be in world every day, and are quite likely to have capped IMs and notecards, so it may take a while for you to get through. 

If you rezzed the lost items, be sure to check your sim's garbage collection area --- <0.0,0.0,0.0>, the extreme SW corner --- to see if they are there.  That's where the servers send things when they get confused.  I check mine about once a month and almost always find something that someone has lost.

It's most likely that you haven't lost the items at all, but that your locally cached copy of inventory has been borked.  I know you said that you cleared cache, but it's probably a good idea to do it again.  This time, do it "manually" from outside SL.  Here are some good instructions >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/cache_clear .  They are written for Firestorm users, but the process is the same for any viewer.  It's important that you log back in at a quiet, low-lag sim like Pooley or Aqua and let your cached inventory rebuild slowly.  Depending on the size of your inventory, it could take quite a long time, so be patient and don't do anyhing else while it's working.  Go out for coffee.  When it is no longer "fetching ...," you should have a clean copy of inventory and (fingers crossed) your lost items.

The last resort is to contact Live Chat and tell them everything you have already done.  Good luck.

• Like 1