When I log on, says "Your clothing is still downloading. Others will see you as normal".

Angelica Serrta

Question

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Angelica.

Please be assured this is a common problem.  Use the menu buttons at the top of the screen to carry out a Character Test.

I don't know which viewer you are on, but on the viewer I use it is in the Advanced Menu (if you don't have an advanced menu on your screen, press "ctrl" "alt" and "D" at the same time to bring it up).  The option for character test is in that drop down menu.

Your avatar will then load, but in the form of a raw newbie. After that, your inventory should load correctly, and you should be able to wear your normal skin, shape, hair, clothing, HUDs, etc.

If you wish to add anything more to this thread, you can do so by clicking on "options" at the top right hand side of your original post and "edit".

1 answer to this question

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Angelica.

Please be assured this is a common problem.  Use the menu buttons at the top of the screen to carry out a Character Test.

I don't know which viewer you are on, but on the viewer I use it is in the Advanced Menu (if you don't have an advanced menu on your screen, press "ctrl" "alt" and "D" at the same time to bring it up).  The option for character test is in that drop down menu.

Your avatar will then load, but in the form of a raw newbie. After that, your inventory should load correctly, and you should be able to wear your normal skin, shape, hair, clothing, HUDs, etc.

If you wish to add anything more to this thread, you can do so by clicking on "options" at the top right hand side of your original post and "edit".