Open Source object infringement by MarketPlace seller...

Meris Oyen

Question

3 answers to this question

In addition to Rolig's answer, don't assume that the person that sold you the item knew they shouldn't have. True, they might have been trying to cheat, but not everyone (especially new folks or ones that don't get out much) knows about Arcadia. They may have been given an full perm item and not understood that it should not be sold.

A few years ago a RL friend of mine had a similar occurrence. She was selling an Arcadia item she had won at a yard sale (they were very popular then) and someone confronted her very loudly and with great malice about selling that item. The item itself had no owner listed and no note in the description not to sell, so she had no way of knowing she shouldn't have. Most likely she could have rezzed it to inspect and find the owner (I don't know those details) but even then with no note about not selling, how would she  have known not to?

So you might ALSO want to contact the person that sold the item and let them know. There must be tons of old Arcadia items roaming the grid.  You could ask the seller for a refund.

My friend took her vendor down and the person that attacked her apologized. It would have been better if handled in a bit more friendly manner though. He admited that :D. Sometimes it is just a mistake.

I sympathize with your question to one hundred percent. Unfortunately Arcadia Asylum objects are sold widely in SL (inworld and in Marketplace) without any regard for the wishes of her creator. As you well know, contact with Arcadia is (almost?) impossible.

Add a review to the item and contact with the seller (see the Chic answer).