How do I report an inworld phishing scam being sent through groups? And, will LL send out a warning?

Is Salas

Question

I'm glad that you filed an AR.  This is the most direct route we have for reporting TOS violations, and LL does take well-documented reports seriously.  As your note suggests, it can be very difficult to catch people who are behind schemes like this because they commonly use temporary accounts and then vanish.  Schemes like this have been thwarted in the past, however, so reports like yours do make a difference.

You may be interested in learning a little more about how LL handles Abuse Reports.  If so, take a look at this video >>>

.  It is a little dated by now, but the process hasn't changed substantially.

2 answers to this question

I'm glad that you filed an AR.  This is the most direct route we have for reporting TOS violations, and LL does take well-documented reports seriously.  As your note suggests, it can be very difficult to catch people who are behind schemes like this because they commonly use temporary accounts and then vanish.  Schemes like this have been thwarted in the past, however, so reports like yours do make a difference.

You may be interested in learning a little more about how LL handles Abuse Reports.  If so, take a look at this video >>>

.  It is a little dated by now, but the process hasn't changed substantially.

SL use to take serious security issues on email at security@secondlife.com.  I used it a couple years ago when a fairly sophisticated phishing link hit the forums.  There are lots of fraud/phishing schemes that float around inworld and if they are not a direct threat to SL security then probably not the kind of thing to report via the email.  But since the SL logo is being used, you might consider using it.  I suspect it is still active but don't really know for sure.

--Cinn