I'm a new user to SL but it keeps freezing every time I go in for a minute, please help.

TundraCloth

Question

Nobody here will be able to help if you don't give information at all. What are your computer specifications? Which viewer are you using? There are very talented people here but no psychics.:smileywink:

u3vmk9xy.gif

You can add information using the options button at the upper right corner of your question. Edit to add text.

5 answers to this question

Nobody here will be able to help if you don't give information at all. What are your computer specifications? Which viewer are you using? There are very talented people here but no psychics.:smileywink:

u3vmk9xy.gif

You can add information using the options button at the upper right corner of your question. Edit to add text.

@Val: lol. I LOVE that smiley! :D

We need more details like Valerie says. I'm going to hazard a guess, and say your computer is overheating. Are you on a laptop? If so, you could try getting one of those cooling stands with a fan to keep it on while you're in world. Otherwise, try to kee it as cool as you can.

Reducing the graphics settings can help make it run cooler, and possibly show whether heat is the problem.

- Luc -

• Like 1

Take Luc's warning about heat very seriously. Heat can build up fast as your graphics card tries to handle SL's heavy image load.  If you don't have adequate ventilation or your system is bogged down by dust, you can destroy vital (and expensive) components of the computer.  Your machine's natural defence against overheating is to bail out of whatever program is making it work too hard.  If you keep logging back in without being sure that heat is not a problem, you can be gradually frying the computer.