Entourage!

I've been trying for a long time to create a Entourage of at least 4 people in this game that I can call best SL friends.  I must be going about this all wrong because it seems like It just keeps getting harder and harder to talk to ppl here.  I mean i go around sims exploring and trying to meet people, but rarely do I get a chance to come up with anything more then small talk.  It seems like people get annoyed when you try to ask what they like to do in sl, or what have they tried here.  Many people I ran into are either too business focused or Really dont care to spend time with ohters.

Basically I like to race, box, and RP when i can find a good sim to go on.   I have other interests but too many to add here :P.  I would like to hang with people that have different intrests but can hang wiht me on my interests as well as vice versa too. I want to create a small group to have the feeling of like the tv show Entourage.  The manager guy, driver, and like what ever else e can get into.

I'm willing to work with ppl, and meet and have fun, but gotta be both ways.  My ideals for a friend should be someone who you can talk to. Someone that will message you, so that you don't always have to be the first to message. Someone that can spend a few minutes with you even if they've had a busy day, things like that.

I'm not picky about hanigng out with people, but I am pickey who i call friends.  I wanna help you with your goals and objectives here, and id like the same in return. Communication is key to understand what bothers you as well as what I could fix to make you more comfortable with hanging out and what not.  So whats stoping people from this kind of friend ship? Why is it so hard for ppl to say what they dont like?

Things I Dislike

People who take more than 15 minutes to respond to a message

People who don't try to fix complaints that they have about something or someone

All one really needs is ONE best friend.

Witht e difficulty increasing for talking to people, seems kind of ironic that it happens.

We get good at building, we know what is going on, know the best shops, know the "games" within SL, yet the social part becomes harder.

Reason is, When we are first in SL, everything is new and everything seems possible but then something happens - bad experiences with people. Someone who seems beautiful (not just cause of their avy either) turns out to be your worst nightmare in RL. People eventually slip about RL. You find out that neat person who controlled your feelings is nothing more than something horrid in real life and you feel violated like "THIS is the person I shed tears and worried over?" I don't even mean looks either. What if it were some micro-managing overbearing control freak a-hole in RL who would make your very soul cringe?

Even if reality never comes into play, maybe you make good friends with people only to have them leave SL. Sometimes they offer closure like one of my good SL friends did (and I very much appreciate her kindness for that) and it leaves an empty space. Sometimes they just vanish. Not a good-bye, not a "kiss my ass", nothing.

So, we become resentful and cynical. We basically "grow up" in SL.We try to forget our RL training when in SL but the fact is, too much of RL shows up in SL.

I would love to have a few more good friends in SL but I have been hurt a few times myself. One lady who i miss "Heaven" and was someone who i would be honored to call a friend in real life. Mentored her when she was new, we shared a living space, exchanged ideas, I helped her with basic build skills, we laughed a lot, talked plenty of RL stuff... SL was harming her RL and one day after not being on much, she told me she was leaving SL. She is still on  my friend list, I still hope she will come back. :(

"Love like you have never been hurt" is just not that easy.

I know this is not real positive but it is honest.

Friends and lovers flow past you like a river. People leave your life so that others can enter. You have to leave the gate open so that new friends can come into your life, but you can't keep everyone. You have to let some go. Be happy for your friend. SL is an addiction and she kicked it. Wish her well.

MoiselleErin Teardrop wrote:

We get good at building, we know what is going on, know the best shops, know the "games" within SL, yet the social part becomes harder.

Everything you said is absolutely true, and I've had very similiar experiences. I'm a bit of an introvert in RL, so when I first joined SL , I developed really close frienships with a few people. It really hurts when they disapear.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Reaos,

Have you been successful? It does sound like a fun idea. I will look you up in SL tomorrow & we will see what comes of it. I am interested in this venture of yours. Although you are probably looking more to 4 guy buddies. I havnt heard of Entourage, but will look it up. Are they like "The Hangover"? :)

~Jeanie Feiri AKA Sorsha36 (2 Avatars, 1 Brain)...ok, that needs a bit of work...

• 2 months later...

Randall Ahren wrote:

Friends and lovers flow past you like a river. People leave your life so that others can enter. You have to leave the gate open so that new friends can come into your life, but you can't keep everyone. You have to let some go. Be happy for your friend. SL is an addiction and she kicked it. Wish her well.

Kudos for this post :matte-motes-asleep-2: