my viewer shows jagged lines i have tried antializin to 4x..but no use help me please!

Adoria20

Question

There are a couple possible reasons for this, including that your graphics card may not be able to support it.  It could also be interfering with your SL setting.  The following is from the KB.

--Cinn

To enable antialiasing:

1. Choose Me > Preferences > Graphics.
  2. Click Hardware.
  3. Click the Antialiasing dropdown and change it from Disabled to 2x or greater.
  4. Click OK.
  5. Restart the Second Life Viewer. 

Now compare the graphics: the difference should be subtle yet noticeable.

32px-KBnote.png Note: If you don't see a change after you restart the Viewer, it's possible your graphics card drivers are overriding Second Life's own antialiasing.

Higher levels of antialiasing provide better results, but can reduce overall performance unless you have a very powerful graphics card. On slower graphics cards, antialiasing may cause a noticeable loss of performance, or even bugs or crashes—so experiment to see what's best for you.

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

There are a couple possible reasons for this, including that your graphics card may not be able to support it.  It could also be interfering with your SL setting.  The following is from the KB.

--Cinn

To enable antialiasing:

1. Choose Me > Preferences > Graphics.
  2. Click Hardware.
  3. Click the Antialiasing dropdown and change it from Disabled to 2x or greater.
  4. Click OK.
  5. Restart the Second Life Viewer. 

Now compare the graphics: the difference should be subtle yet noticeable.

32px-KBnote.png Note: If you don't see a change after you restart the Viewer, it's possible your graphics card drivers are overriding Second Life's own antialiasing.

Higher levels of antialiasing provide better results, but can reduce overall performance unless you have a very powerful graphics card. On slower graphics cards, antialiasing may cause a noticeable loss of performance, or even bugs or crashes—so experiment to see what's best for you.

• Like 1