Proposed text for sim owners to copy/pasta to Covenant to allow filming permission

Filming permission is required from sim owners yet I've NEVER seen any policy stated in the covenant. It'd be easier if there was a tickbox 'Permission granted to machinimatographers' or something, but there isn't. With that in mind perhaps we can come up with a sentence or two that can be pasted into sim covenants. Something like:

Permission is granted for machinimatographers who wish to document this sim or use it as a location for their machinima creations as long as the sim name is listed in the credits. Please send me the url to finished machinima as I'd love to see!

Anyone have any additions or improvements?

A lot of people are not aware that permission is needed for machinima.. This is a good idea.  I would suggest that any restrictions  the owner feels are necessary be included too.  For instance, there are certain things that to me are tasteless that I would not want filmed on one of my sims, and if I were running a busy venue, I may want to restrict the hours to other than peak times if avatar limits are a issue.

Osprey Therian wrote:

Filming permission is required from sim owners yet I've NEVER seen any policy stated in the covenant. It'd be easier if there was a tickbox 'Permission granted to machinimatographers' or something, but there isn't. With that in mind perhaps we can come up with a sentence or two that can be pasted into sim covenants. Something like:

Permission is granted for machinimatographers who wish to document this sim or use it as a location for their machinima creations as long as the sim name is listed in the credits. Please send me the url to finished machinima as I'd love to see!

Anyone have any additions or improvements?

"It'd be easier if there was a tickbox 'Permission granted to machinimatographers' or something,"

If you started a JIRA for this i would vote for it.

My guess is most even if they are aware of the policy never give much thought to it. (Mind you I said "guess," I really don't know). 

I've never really understood the thinking behind this policy.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Maybe the complete absense of permission to film in any land covenant you've ever seen is an indication of a desire to be asked for permission rather than blanket ignorance on the part of sim owners.

One size doesn't fit all - undoubtedly there are those reasons and more. Particularly, to me, a sim that is a beautiful creation obviously set up as a public place (including a tip jar so visitors can help support the sim costs) might benefit from giving permission to machinima-makers. Sim owners can do as they like; I'm posting this information because out of the bazillion sims out there it's possible some might be owned by people to whom this information is new and useful.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

The default condition is that sim owners make no mention of machinima.  I supose that's frustrating.   Maybe you need to organize a machinima friendly sim owner alliance or something.

Yes, I know that's the default. I am just experimenting to see if posting the information makes any difference whatsoever. Probably not, but we shall see.