how do i use item animations then symbols dont show in my hud

SGTSquirrel

Question

No, it's not necessarily a stupid question.  I can't understand it, though.  What do you mean by an "item animation"? What kind of symbols do you want to have show up, and in what kind of HUD?  What do the animations have to do with the symbols?

You may want to add some clarifying information.  If so, click the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and click EDIT.  Please do NOT start a new thread.

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

No, it's not necessarily a stupid question.  I can't understand it, though.  What do you mean by an "item animation"? What kind of symbols do you want to have show up, and in what kind of HUD?  What do the animations have to do with the symbols?

You may want to add some clarifying information.  If so, click the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and click EDIT.  Please do NOT start a new thread.

• Like 1

I think you can play the animations from the Inventory window.

Find the item in your Inventory and right click on it, look for a play option.

If the object is still packaged, you will have to rez it on the ground and open it first, to transfer the items into your Inventory.

Edit:

A HUD is a device that you wear, it has animations loaded into it. Some Huds will allow new animations to be added from an Inventory folder of animations.

That's about all I know, I rarely use animations

SGTSquirrel wrote:

[....]

like some items make symbols appear on my hud that allow me to use its animations. i have items that dont do that so does that mean i need like an animation pack or is there like a command list somewhere?

Ah, I see.  Thanks for the clarification.  HUDs are all custom designed for specific applications.  If there are icons on the HUD that activate certain animations, it's because the designer who made the HUD put them there.  S/he may also have provided for adding on other animations, and they might also have their own special icons, but that again would be up to the designer.  As an example, an Animation Overrider (AO) HUD may contain dozens of animations to control the way you walk, sit, fly, .... and it might have an icon to click so that you can select a particular walking anim.  Each AO is designed differently, though, so the specific icons and anims that work in one aren't necessarly the ones that appear in the next one.  If you have animations that don't fit in a HUD that you own, you can either use them individually, as Knowl suggests, or you can create your own HUD.  It's a little tricky and requires some scripting knowledge, but it's not all that hard.  You can see what's involved at https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/HUD