Crashing only with my main Avi

Ruby Reynaud

Question

Hi Ruby!  Wow, how frustrating!  You mention 'all versions of Phoenix'  so you have more than one on your computer.   I believe that both the SL viewer(s) and the Phoenix viewer(s) use the same cache areas.  Firestorm has it's own cache area.  I would suggest that you deinstall all versions of Phoenix and the SL viewers, including deleting the cache folders.  I am not a MAC user but perhaps you can search for all folders named SecondLife and PhoenixViewer and delete them.  Then do a fresh install of your preferred Phoenix OR SL viewer.  Once you have installed one viewer, try to log on with your main avie again.

If you decide to install any other Phoenix or SL viewer, you will have to make sure that your cache files are written in a separate area or called something different rather than the default.  Do what you have tried to do by going to a quiet sim to load up your inventory the first time.  Good luck!  I hope this helps.

15 answers to this question

Hi Ruby!  Wow, how frustrating!  You mention 'all versions of Phoenix'  so you have more than one on your computer.   I believe that both the SL viewer(s) and the Phoenix viewer(s) use the same cache areas.  Firestorm has it's own cache area.  I would suggest that you deinstall all versions of Phoenix and the SL viewers, including deleting the cache folders.  I am not a MAC user but perhaps you can search for all folders named SecondLife and PhoenixViewer and delete them.  Then do a fresh install of your preferred Phoenix OR SL viewer.  Once you have installed one viewer, try to log on with your main avie again.

If you decide to install any other Phoenix or SL viewer, you will have to make sure that your cache files are written in a separate area or called something different rather than the default.  Do what you have tried to do by going to a quiet sim to load up your inventory the first time.  Good luck!  I hope this helps.

Hi Venus! Thanks for the suggestions! I actually sort of did what you said--I uninstalled each viewer before reinstalling the next one i tried. I already had this problem with the newer Firestorm and Second Life viewers and thought I just couldn't run the viewers based on the V2/V3 code--(maybe my graphics card couldn't handle it ?). But for this to happen now all of sudden with a version of Phx that had been working is so strange..and finding that one avi can log in...I guess I 'll keep trying to log in at Smith...I'm sort of at a loss.. and Ruby controls my land and has an awesome inventory I would like to access again! hehe

Hi Venus :) No you aren't belaboring it, I appreciate the help. I am not always up on all the tech vernacular. Yes, when I say I uninstalled, i meant I went in and deleted all cache folders and anything I could find with the viewer's name on it. Still, there must be something I'm doing wrong. I find it odd that I can't run any of the viewers at this point. Thanks so much for your help..I appreciate it! :)

I know --very odd. My friend had a similar problem and couldn't log in with specific avis using the same computer and same viewer. He fixed it by changing to the v2/v3 viewer. I also can't run those. All my PC friends say I need to ditch the mac. :(

Thanks for your help Venus! Maybe I will be computer shopping next week! Seems like a crazy way to fix the problem though.

Okay Caetano, I seem to have fixed it. I don't know what exactly worked but I'll tell you what I did...I did a clean install /reinstall about 5 times today. Every time I went to a place and started my inventory loading I would crash. The next time I logged in I did a character test and then DID NOT start my inventory loading by putting in a letter to search. I just went about my business. It took a long time to load that way but I didn't crash. Now when I relog it loads normally and I am no longer crashing. Maybe this will help you !

• Like 1