is standing in a chat zone as a child avatar considered ageplay?

• i was in a chat zone as a child avatar chating with some ppl
  • then out of no where a group of players came and started calling me a Ageplayer
  • i started a 2 hr argument with them saying "no im not a ageplayer"
  • one of them said whereing a child avatar is ageplay and she said it needs to be reported..
  • the group of players then reported me then my main account was Termenated...
  • the abuse appeal team, said my account was termenated for ageplay and they wont give it back..
  • is standing in a chat zone as a child avatar relley aginst the rules when your not doing any sex things with it?
  • how do i proov to the abuse apeal team that i was not ageplaying? 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please define "chat zone".

Were you in an adult region, in an area where sexual activity is known to take place, or where adult images or adult furniture is present?

If Linden Lab says an account has been terminated and there is no recourse, then there is no recourse.  You must have received a letter from Linden Lab explaining why your account was terminated.

Linden Lab does not respond to this forum, so there's not much that can be done here.  They have a toll-free telephone number, perhaps you might give that a call.

Being a child avatar does not constitute the type of ageplay that would get their account terminated. Context is always key. 

Presumably you got an email from the abuse report people stating how you appeal to them. They should have access to any chatlogs or IMs that were taking place at the time, and can see your profile contents, hidden groups too.  If your child avatar is squeeky clean, ie no sex references anywhere in those chatlogs and the profile contents then you will probably get your account back.

And I hope you do.

But I also hope that you will have the sense not to waste time arguing.  I have witnessed some horrible scenes at a so-called welcome area in Second Life - Bear - where long-term residents have bullied child avatars mercilessly.  The same ones doing the same bullying.  But then I have also seen child avatars go there with the sole purpose of winding these child avatar-ist people up too.

At the end of the day we are all meant to be adults. If you want to roleplay as a child avatar then you should be allowed to do so, but please understand that not everyone will share your enthusiasm for this, and will view it as rather weird, just like you must view some other kinds of roleplay as weird. 

Marx Dudek wrote:

If Linden Lab says an account has been terminated and there is no recourse, then there is no recourse.  

Not always.  At least one person either won or settled (I forget which.) the lawsuit he filed in federal court after his account was terminated.

ETA:  I looked it up.  The suit was settled and the account was reinstated.

I must confess that the first time I encountered a child avatar in Second Life, I sent an photo of it to a friend entitled "sick sick sick", and teleported away from the child avatar, because I did not want to be in it's vicinity, because I was ignorant and did not understand why anyone would want to be a child avatar. At that time, I didn't have much of a clue about Second Life and the diverse nature of the community.

However, I am now tremendously ashamed for feeling like that as over the years, like you, I've met a lot of really fabulous child avatars, and totally defend their right to roleplay as children without being bullied or harrassed by people who remain closed-minded.

It really gets to me when people throw the "ageplayer" remark out and make assumptions about child avatars, and like with anything else in SL, and in RL too, it's always the minority that spoil it for the majority.

Tazmrb1928 wrote:

• i was in a chat zone as a child avatar chating with some ppl
  • then out of no where a group of players came and started calling me a Ageplayer
  • i started a 2 hr argument with them saying "no im not a ageplayer"
  • one of them said whereing a child avatar is ageplay and she said it needs to be reported..
  • the abuse appeal team, said my account was termenated for ageplay and they wont give it back..
  • is standing in a chat zone as a child avatar relley aginst the rules when your not doing any sex things with it?
  • how do i proov to the abuse apeal team that i was not ageplaying? 

what they will look at are the logs on their database..they may even look at the IM's you had going at the time of the AR in these cases..maybe even before..

they won't terminate someone because a group decided to AR for no reason..

are you sure you were not just banned..did you check your email or try to contact them by phone or respnds back to the email..

if you do get back on and one person or a group of people shows up and starts giving you a hard time for no reason..just start ARing away for harrassment and don't say a word to them..confronting them and going at it for 2 hours  will only make things worse..

Marx Dudek wrote:

Please define "chat zone".

Were you in an adult region, in an area where sexual activity is known to take place, or where adult images or adult furniture is present?

it doesn't matter  if activities take place in the area..they just can't take part in them..

child avatars can go anywhere any avatar can go.they are just limited on things they can do..like taking part in sex on the grid..

i was only whereing the child avatar  to proov to the world that it was a child avatar bc hentai high was calling those typ of avatars "adult anime avatar" and iv been reporting hentai high for ageplay bc they use that typ of avatar for sex, iv even been making blogs about what Linden Lab needs to do to keep players from trying to use it for sex or call it a "Adult Avatar" 

and i was in the chat zone only to ask people what there thouts was about the avatar, i asked them if they thout it looked like a child or a adult, when evryone said it was a child avatar i was going to take a pic of them all saying it was a child avatar just to show Linden Lab so thye will ban Hentai High,, but that plan backfired when i started to get harrassed by trollers =/ 

and here is the blog i made.. 

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Viewer/quot-Feet-quot-Wrong-in-Hight-detectors-2-0-meters-is-5-foot-1/td-p/1042345

i think iv seen you someplace befor.. was it when i was making blogs about how i think hentai high needs to be shutdown for ageplay? xD

bc i was trying to proov to the world that the avatars Hentai High are using for sex is a child avatar and not a "anime Adult" 

so the only ressone i was whereing the child avatar the time of the ban was to go to a place to chat.. and ask if they thout it was a kid avatar or a anime adult one.. i wanted to take pics of the screen after they all said "its a child avatar" but that plan backfired when a girl started to Defame and harrass me ;/ 

i tried to report her 6 times befor yelling at her.. 2 hrs later my account wa stermenated..and i know its bc she Defamed me 

Tazmrb1928 wrote:

i was only whereing the child avatar  to proov to the world that it was a child avatar bc hentai high was calling those typ of avatars "adult anime avatar" and iv been reporting hentai high for ageplay bc they use that typ of avatar for sex, iv even been making blogs about what Linden Lab needs to do to keep players from trying to use it for sex or call it a "Adult Avatar" 

and i was in the chat zone only to ask people what there thouts was about the avatar, i asked them if they thout it looked like a child or a adult, when evryone said it was a child avatar i was going to take a pic of them all saying it was a child avatar just to show Linden Lab so thye will ban Hentai High,, but that plan backfired when i started to get harrassed by trollers =/ 

and here is the blog i made.. 

"and here is the blog i made.. "

If you are as you just claimed here Lonewolf and

If you did what you claimed you did above.

And LL banned you for your above action,

My guess is that you did or said something that was of a sexual enough action or said something that was sexual enough no matter how subtle you may have thought you were being, that LL perma banned you,

Then the one thing you know for certain now is that Linden Lab, contrary to anything you may have thought before, does take sexual ageplay seriously.

So the other side of this is that if this is NOT proof enough for you that Linden Lab takes sexual ageplay seriously then there is nothing anyone anywhere could do or say to ever convince you otherwise.  So please stop wasting everyone's time with this.

the person who was trolling me said she owns a sim and was going to "use her sim owning powers to call Linden Lab up and tell them that i was a ageplayer.. she only thout i was a ageplayer only bc i had a child avatar on..she thinks anyone anywhere no mater what they do.. is a AgePlayer if they have a child avatar on.. even if the zone is rated PG or not.. ..so that proovs that Linden Lab dose not handle reports made by "fileing a report abuse" like i did for the past 6 months, they only handle reports made by ppl who owns sims and calls by phone 

allso i think these hole thing that hapend to me proovs to the world that the avatar "Hentai High usses" is child avatars so there for Hentai High needs to be shutdown for ageplay ^_^ sence the person who trolled and Defamed me said the "anime avatar" hentai high is using is a child to.. xD 

it allso proovs to the world that the phoenix Hight Detecter is wrong! and that Hentai High is useing it to trick the world into thinking that there avatars are all adults.. when they are only child avatars like the 1 i was whereing when i was Defamed with lies and falsy banned for AgePlay ;x when i was not even AgePlaying xD "it was the same kind Hentai High is usieng" 

Jennifer Boyle wrote:

Marx Dudek wrote:

If Linden Lab says an account has been terminated and there is no recourse, then there is no recourse.  

Not always.  At least one person either won or settled (I forget which.) the lawsuit he filed in federal court after his account was terminated.

ETA:  I looked it up.  The suit was settled and the account was reinstated.

Yep that was Marc Bragg who traded SL Land

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bragg_v._Linden_Lab

im going to contact these person.. and see if he can get me on the right track to taking LL to cort ..bc i know i was not ageplaying, i was only trying to proov to the world that Hentai High is usieng the Phoenix Hight detecter to trick the world into thinking that the child avatars they use for sex is Adult.. when its relley a child avatar and i was whereing one of those child avatasrs that Hentai High called "a adult" just to ask ppl if they thout it was a child avatar or adult.. "and i know asking ppl what there thouts are on the avatar is not ageplay" is it.. no its not ;c 

but what Hentai High has been useing the avatar for is "AgePlay" if you go and stand in hentai high for a day.. ull see what i mean >.< 

Many reasonable people are already aware that discrimination and indifference is wrong. The Policy has even created mechanisms, much like the one you are experiencing, to deter and prevent instances were a populous of Residents claim actions are occurring.

There are greater truths, to the source of that which you wish to prove. You're barking up the wrong tree.

There are better ways to alert and inform other Residents about your experiences, observations, and then your recommendations as to how to correct the problem.

Should you continue to be a Resident in SL, I suggest that you find like minded individuals, and consult with those persons as to "what" is the best manner and approach, to engage in discussion with Residents who may not be aware.

o and.. 3 weeks ago i made a Promise to my best friend that if i get my account Unbanned i will retire from sl droma of any kind.. "that means ill have to retire from trying to get Hentai High shutdown for ageplay" when i get my account back,,lol

so all im doing now is trying to get my account back by telling ppl evrything i was doing befor it was banned.. and why LL said it was banned ;/ and what happend to me befor it was.. hopeing there is atleast 1 smart person out there who can tell me what to do to get my account back xD 

the odd'st thing is.. the vary same thing happend to me in dec of 2011, when the vary same girl and her followers started to harass me back then. and my account was banned in dec of 2011 $ the abuse apeal team said my account was banned for Age-play but when i calld LL up on the phone they said it was banned for :desterbing the peace" by yelling so in 2011 they Unbanned my account .. and in feb 8, 2012 the vary same girl and the vary same followers of her did the same thing to me..and the abuse apeal team said the vary same thing to me agin..so im gussing i was not even banned for Age-Play.. it might be possable that the abuse apeal team dose not even know what they are doing..

i might have just been banned for desterbing the peace agin -.-.. and the abuse apela team dosent know how to do anything xD  

Marigold Devin wrote:

I must confess that the first time I encountered a child avatar in Second Life, I sent an photo of it to a friend entitled "
sick sick sick
", and teleported away from the child avatar, because I did not want to be in it's vicinity, because
I was ignorant and did not understand why anyone would want to be a child avatar
. At that time, I didn't have much of a clue about Second Life and the diverse nature of the community.

However, I am now tremendously ashamed for feeling like that as over the years
, like you, I've met a lot of really fabulous child avatars, and totally defend their right to roleplay as children without being bullied or harrassed by people who remain closed-minded.

It really gets to me when people throw the "ageplayer" remark out and make assumptions about child avatars, and like with anything else in SL, and in RL too, it's always the minority that spoil it for the majority.

I was exactly like you in my 1st months of Second Life.....but my discrimination was directed at Furry Avatars and Gorean Masters. With hindsight, I regret being narrow minded back then..., but it was partly due to not researching Second Life properly and discovering it's diversity. One Furry avatar ended up teaching me a lesson by repeatedly orbiting me into the sky after i had verbally insulted him -lol. I deserved it!

One of my very first residential tenants was a little Bear avatar which caught me slightly off guard. I had to make a snap decision of whether i should rent to him or not....before engaging him. Thankfully i did rent a parcel to him....as we became very good friends thereafter. We shared our RL backgrounds (he was RL hermit)  and experiences....he became a good sounding board whenever I was feeling down.  it was during this phase, that i began to accept all Avatar forms regardless and judge Avatars on an individual basis...as opposed to tarring a whole community with the same brush!

well my only problem is.. i bout a child avatar and was whereing one at my shop and then the pre-banned owner of Hentai High came to my shop and asked me if i wanted to go to Hentai High for sex.. 

i told her no i do not have sex as a child avatar.. but she started a 9 hr argument with me about how it was a adult avatar..i reported her for trying to have sex with me while i had on a child avatar, she got banned but Hentai High lived on.. 

Hentai High's land and group was gave to the next ranking officer and i went there whereing a adult avatar to see what the fuss was about.. and sure enuff they all was useing child avatars for sex .. i spent 6 months trying to report them for it but no 1 came to my aid.. so i started trying to proov to the world that they are using it for ageplay =x 

The nature of the topic is outrageous to many people, in that, it can cause outrage. We have to keep our heads on our shoulders and address these Societal issues in a calm, and practicable fashion. The message one sends out will be reflected back in the thoughts and actions of those who hear it.

I believe that you file an Appeal to Linden Lab. The email from LL should include information about the process. If you have filed an Appeal (and was denied), and you were not specifically instructed to not Appeal again; file another Appeal, maybe you know something now, you didn't know then.

Edit: to clarify

Tazmrb1928 wrote:

the person who was trolling me said she owns a sim and was going to "use her sim owning powers to call Linden Lab up and tell them that i was a ageplayer.. she only thout i was a ageplayer only bc i had a child avatar on..she thinks anyone anywhere no mater what they do.. is a AgePlayer if they have a child avatar on.. even if the zone is rated PG or not.. ..so that proovs that Linden Lab dose not handle reports made by "fileing a report abuse" like i did for the past 6 months, they only handle reports made by ppl who owns sims and calls by phone 

First you said:

Tazmrb1928 wrote:

But now you are trying to change your story.  And even if this supposed SIM Owner did call you don't know on who's report Linden Lab acted.  Or are you going to claim next that the entire group called?  Your credibility keeps waning.  Based upon what you have been saying in this thread, I have more reason to believe that in your attempt to troll people into violating the age play policy, that you said or did something to violate the policy.